Sunday, September 13, 2009

Corinne's Coming Out...Oops, I Mean Rainbow Birthday Party

So Corinne decided on a rainbow theme for her birthday party this year. (She actually wanted a fish theme again, but I encouraged her to do something different). She really likes rainbows. Actually, it's not the rainbow itself, but the use of every color that appeals to her. In school her teachers have instituted Rainbow Fridays, the day that she gets to cut loose and use all the crayon colors to do her work (on regular days it's more about function over form, and she has to use just one color to color such things as the biggest object in a group of pictures, or the shortest, etc.) But I digress. Suffice it to say that the girl digs rainbows. And of course, you know how understated I like to keep these parties... As we like to say in our house: Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
You could say we got a little carried away with the rainbow theme (ba dum bum)
We had rainbow face paint Rainbow crafts

And of course rainbow cake (made by my friend Meghan)

Rainbow cake cross section
and rainbow cupcakes

The last two rainbow cookies

Rainbow fruit platter (for the diet conscious and diabetic)

Rainbow friends

Rainbow after-party
(I can't talk about Corinne's rainbow party without mentioning Marc, Emma's daddy, who perhaps had one too many rainbow cookies. This was taken just before Marc passed out at the base of the slide. The girls had tons of fun sliding repeatedly onto his head.)


2 comments:

sara said...

I'm a total stranger but my daughter's having a rainbow party tomorrow and I came across your blog when searching online for more ideas... thanks for the great pictures; looks like fun! :)

Michelle said...

total stranger here too. I'm also planning my daughter's rainbow birthday party. Totally going to steal your rainbow fruit platter idea. Genius!